Work party started this morning at 09:00 and by 15:30 the rest of the
springs were installed and 1392 lowered off the jacks. She's sitting pretty
on her wheels.
A long and difficult job is done. Thanks for everyone's hard work and
enthusiastic effort to complete this complex project. A lot of man hours
were involved without any injuries or incidents...."outstanding!"
What's left to do you ask?
- mate the loco and tender
- over the pit and re-assemble brake rigging, blow down piping, sanders etc.
- order water, water treatment chemicals
- 20hr firing for refractory cure
- pull some tonnage for break-in runs
- drain boiler and tender (fuel and water), split the loco and tender
- get'r ready for Stettler trip
- 18 days to get all above accomplished.
Photos courtesy of Terry Wolfe.