- Herb, Irene, Ivan, John B., Sharon and Don all braved the minus 35 deg. wind chill to inspect the snow plowing, check the coffee and complete a few other odd and sundry tasks at the Museum.
- Lukas, Barry, Phil and Jamie spent a good chunk of the day working on the Agrium box car - it may have been cold outside, but it was sure nice and toasty up on the roof of the car.
- Barry, Phil and some BMS guys did heroic work in getting the large rolling ladder in place on the south side of the boxcar in Calder Shop. Houdini must have had orchestrated that move.
- Don and Phil and Don and Ivan and Don and Brad with some help from Frank and Dave M got the starter fixed on the back hoe and it now works! See, Santa does grant wishes!
- Ivan is finally getting some cooperation from contractors in coming out to quote on the installation of a heater in the Carpenter Shop. Too late for a Christmas present - how about we aim for a Family Day celebration in a heated Carpenter Shop?
- The work of rust scraping and roof structure rebuilding on the Agrium boxcar continues apace by Barry, Phil and Jamie. Some may claim the 'apace' is a snail's pace, but hey, it's cold and we're old.
- The monthly Board of Director's Meeting was a lively affair despite a few of the Directors being absent due to other commitments, seeing it was held on the second Wednesday of the month and not the first. There will be a few revelations at the Annual General Meeting so y'all should attend on the 25th of this month at 11:00 am at the Namao Hall! Free food too!
I regret to advise this will be my last blog post for the foreseeable future. I will be at the Museum on a considerably more infrequent schedule than in the past so will be unable to accurately and concisely, without bias or exaggeration, report on the volunteer activities on site that my loyal readers (both of you) have come to expect. Perhaps one of the other volunteers will take over - or at least fill in until I may be able to resume later in the year - hint, hint!!! Anyone? Anyone????
Thank you for the great feedback on the past posts.