photography and history brought to life. Using special lighting, props and actors in period costumes, the museum will highlight scenes featuring the museum’s historic collection of operating steam and diesel locomotives, freight and passenger equipment.
Professional guest photographer John Lucas will offer guidance to participants on how to best capture these rare scenes of night operations from decades ago.
Among the planned “stars” of the show:
- One of the last operating Canadia National Railways steam locomotives in the world, No. 1392;
- Newly restored CNR streamlined diesels No. 6514 and 6614, in their 1950s colours;
- Restored Northern Alberta Railways GMD-1 diesel 302, “Chief Moostoos”; and much more.
The event will be held from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. on Friday, September 9, 2016. Space is limited to 50 photographers; tickets are $30.
Reserve your spot today and get ready to step back in time at the Night at the Railway Museum!
Safety is our first priority for this special event. Requirements:
- A sturdy tripod and a camera capable of long shutter speeds.
- Sturdy shoes. NO open toe/open back shoes.
- Know your camera and how to adjust its settings. This is not a photography class. We will provide suggested apertures & shutter speeds but you are required to know how to operate your camera.
- Signed “Release of Liability” form.
- Any participant not adhering to the direction of official staff will be escorted off the property and no refund will be given. Thank you for your cooperation. Contact Kevin at 780-231-0436 with any questions.
To purchase the tickets for this event, please go to: