The museum also has a collection of trains that are either on loan or being stored for individuals or groups.
Gary Southgate Collection The museum has three pieces on display of this collection: the AGAWA, 6304, 6311.
AGAWA The AGAWA was a business car used by railroad officials for the purpose of travel, line inspections, and entertaining existing and prospective customers. The AGAWA was built in 1913 by Barry and Smith Car Company for the Longview, Portland National Railway. In 1930 the Wabash Railroad purchased the car and it was named Chicago. The Algoma Central Railway acquired the car in 1953. In 1995, the Wisconsin Central Railway purchased the Algoma Central Railway and the AGAWA was painted in Wisconsin Central Railway colours. In 2001, the Wisconsin Central Railway was purchased by CNR and was repainted in Algoma Central Railway colours. The car was then acquired by Gary Southgate in 2003. Below is an interior and exterior image of the business car.
6304 Built in 1954, 6304 was originally numbered 6509. 6509 was removed from service in 1966, given a complete overhaul and repainted for use on the Confederation Train where it was renumbered to 1967. (CP 1411 was renumbered to 1867). In 1977, when CN transferred all its passenger equipment to VIA Rail Canada, the locomotive was renumbered to 6304. 6304 had various owners until it was finally sold to Gary Southgate in 2013. Pictured below is the 1967 and repainted 6304.
6311 Specifications: Model: FP9au Built: 1957 Original Number: CNR 6529 Length: 55 feet 2 1/2 in Height: 15 feet Fuel Capacity: 1,200 US GAL Engine Type: V16 Two-stroke diesel Power: 1800 Hp Maximum Speed: 89 mph
Alberta Prairie Railway Collection
Passenger Car 6740 Built: 1952
6740 came to the museum in 2004 on loan from the Alberta Prairie Railway. This is the passenger car used on long weekends for train rides.